Cisco is announcing updates to its most popular certification, CCNA Routing and Switching which will enable customers to fully benefit from the power of Cisco’s latest technologies. The CCNA R&S certification has been updated to meet these latest shifts in technologies. Key updates include:
- Awareness of Programmable Network (SDN) architectures and the separation of control plane and data plane
- Expanded VPN topics to include DMVPN, Site-to-Site VPN, and Client VPN technologies
- Increased focus on IPv6 routing protocols, configuration, and knowledge
- Understanding of Cloud resources deployed in Enterprise network architectures
- Knowledge of QoS concepts. Including marking, shaping, and policing mechanisms to manage congestion of various types of traffic
The CCNA Routing and Switching exams and trainings are being revised from v2.0 to v3.0 Candidates can choose to take either the version 2.0 exams or version 3.0 exams.
The last day to test for the 200-120 CCNAX v2.0 and 100-101 ICND1 v2.0 exams will be August 20, 2016. The last day to test for the 200-101 ICND2 v2.0 exam will be September 24, 2016.
Existing CCENT certified individuals can achieve CCNA R&S certification by passing either ICND2 (200-101 or 200-105) or CCNA composite (200-120 or 200-125) exams.